Dr. Joseph Spirito
- Retired superintendent of the Ventura Unified School District
- Serves as the president of three timeshare homeowners associations
- Committed to building on the resort’s Gold Crown status for generations to come
- 30 years of experience in the timeshare industry; co-owner of Grand Pacific Resorts
- Advocates for California timeshare owners with ARDA and the state legislature
- The resort’s physical condition, financial health, and service culture are top of mind
Linda Simkins Ruane
- Co-owner of the Daily News Café and California Wear since 1997
- Seapointe board member since 1998; owns at three other Carlsbad resorts
- Deeply loyal to fellow owners; wants to protect everyone’s investment
- Has own his own law practice in Carlsbad since 1983
- Founded the Small Business Resources Committee for the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
- Believes in constant evaluation of the condition of the property and the quality of our service, seeking to upgrade each at every opportunity.
- Education: Master of Science MS Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), NY; BA St Xavier’s College, Mumbai; Executive Leadership Program, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Currently serve as a Board Member at Carlsbad Seapointe Resort.
- Extensive prior experience in hotel operations with Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), Atlanta, GA learning every aspect of hospitality operations from one of the largest hotel companies in the world.
- Also served as operations leader at a private hospitality company overseeing their Hilton, Choice, and Marriott branded hotels and resorts.
- Currently COO of the management company.
- Active member of ARDA (American Resort Development Association),
- Advisor to the ARDA Supplier Committee and Resort Operations Committee.
- Member of the ARDA Education Committee and HR Council.
Involvement with ARDA allows me the opportunity to capture best practices and emerging trends for the betterment of our resort.
Carlsbad Seapointe Resort is a beautiful, Gold Crown resort in a wonderful location – a perfect Southern California beach getaway for our Owners. My goal is to maintain and build on the strength of the resort, and ensure excellence on all fronts.
I will maintain a strong focus on the financial health of the resort to keep our maintenance fees low and keep expenses in check. I am also committed to ensuring our Owners continue to value Seapointe as their home away from home and enjoy the amenities and top notch service they have come to expect, and should receive. This extends to our associates, who are the heart and soul of our resort, by providing them a competitive wage and ensuring their continuing development.
My personal goal has always been to LISTEN closely to the voice of our owners and keep Seapointe thriving as a first class resort! Thank you in advance for your support.